Monday 23 February 2009

Takeaways

So we ordered a takeaway the other week from the Thai restaurant up the road. I'd heard some good reviews about it so we decided to go for it. I ordered a beef penang and some sticky rice, and my girlfriend ordered some minced shizzle in lettuce leaves.

The prices were quite reasonable, and we waited patiently for the delivery man to arrive. (We still carried on watching tv etc, we didn't just sit there waiting. That would be weird)

After about 20 minutes there was a knock on the door, so my girlfriend went to pay the dude and grab the food. Upon opening the door there was the tiniest Thai bloke you could ever imagine, dragging some kind of plastic cool box with food in it behind him. Normally when you order a pizza or something you take the food off the guy at the door and give him the owed monies. But in this case, this little guy was inside the house in a flash. And I mean like 100% inside. Not on the porch or just had a foot in the door so to speak. He plonked his cool box down on the floor and started handing out food like some kind of aid worker.
He was laughing and smiling as he was doing this and telling us how he couldnt find the house and how his wife had given him the wrong directions to get here.
Our place is about a 15 minute walk away from this restaurant and is essentially a straight line from A to B, so how he got lost is a mystery.

He finally finished his cup of tea, put his shoes and coat back on and went and we ate the food, which was very very nice, but I was deeply upset by him coming into the house like he did. He broke some unwritten law that states delivery people should never enter the customers house.

The other week we decided to call out again for food from this place cos it was so good. I was also curious to see if this crazy guy would do it again.

He managed to find the house without getting lost this time which was an improvement, but when I opened the door he was all of a sudden even more in the house than last time. He actually left the hall way area and entered a room. I gave him the money while he was doing his Red Cross bit again and tried to usher him out of the house again.

I think should we ever order from there again, I will have to stand outside the house, hidden away until he arrives. Once he has dropped off the food, I will then produce one of them shepherds crook things and hook him the hell out of our house and boot him back into his car.

I mean honestly, where do people get off just strolling into other peoples houses and stuff... Just give me the food and go. Don't come in and start saying how cold it is, and how nice and warm it is in OUR house. Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment